This blog post contains affiliate links. Learn more here. What this means is I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.
I am all about quick and easy dishes, and this one definitely falls into that category! It is also gluten-free.
All you have to do is chop up your ingredients, toss them together, and chill. I suggest using a good pair of kitchen shears to help get the job done. I love cutting cooked bacon with my kitchen shears because it is a gazillion times easier than using a knife. They also work well chopping the broccoli into bite-size pieces.
I do recommend that this salad sit in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving it. I usually make it the day before I serve it and that gives all the flavors time to come together nicely.
It is a perfect salad to bring with you to a party or gathering, because it travels very well. It doesn’t need to be reheated or fussed with…just grab it out of the fridge and off you go!
I hope you’ll give this salad a try and let me know your thoughts in the comments below or snap a photo and tag @coolbeanliving on Instagram. I’d love to see!
Broccoli Bacon SaladPin Recipe
- 2 lbs broccoli
- 10 slices bacon cooked
- 6 oz cheddar shredded
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together the broccoli, red onions, bacon and cheddar cheese. Stir in the cranberries and walnuts.
- In a separate bowl, whip together the mayo, sugar and vinegar until it is a smooth, runny consistency.
- Pour the mayo dressing over the broccoli and mix together.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least one hour.