This blog post contains affiliate links. Learn more here. What this means is I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.
In Western New York where I live, our most well known food is the chicken wing. The following recipe is based off of our beloved chicken wings.
If you are ever visiting this great region, please never refer to the wings as Buffalo wings. Buffaloes do not have wings. Locals will also jeer at you if you are caught dipping the wings in ranch dressing. That’s a big no-no around here. The only acceptable dip is bleu cheese.
I am kidding, of course. Buffalo is friendly and welcoming to all our visitors. We may poke a little fun at you, but that’s all 😉
If I can bring up my hometown once again, let me just say this dip has made it’s way to many Buffalo Bills tailgates. It requires only 5 ingredients and is super easy to put together. If I’m not serving it on game day at the game, then I’m serving it to all my favorite animated armchair quarterbacks in my living room. Everyone loves it.
Chicken Wing Dip
- Use shredded chicken instead of canned. Rotisserie chicken works great.
- Use mozzarella cheese, if desired, or a mix of mozzarella and cheddar.
- If you aren’t a fan of bleu cheese dressing, you may use ranch dressing.
- You can use any hot wing sauce you have on hand, but I highly recommend Frank’s Red Hot. I wouldn’t make this dip with any other kind!
- Place leftover dip in an air tight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Do you call them Buffalo wings or chicken wings? Have you tried this chicken wing dip? Snap a photo and tag @coolbeanliving on Instagram. I’d love to see!
Chicken Wing DipPin Recipe
- 2 cans chicken
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup Bleu cheese dressing
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, Bleu cheese dressing and Frank's Red Hot sauce until nearly smooth.
- Stir in cheese and chicken until well blended.
- Spread mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle top with a little extra cheese, if desired.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are bubbling.
- Cool slightly, but serve warm.