This blog post contains affiliate links. Learn more here. What this means is I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.
This is such a quick and easy weeknight recipe! From start to finish, it is done in about 30 minutes. It is gluten-free, if made with the listed ingredients.
By looking at that photo of the ingredients, any idea where I like to do my grocery shopping? Wegmans is the bomb! If you don’t live close to one, I am sad for you. I buy a ton of their brand name items and have never had an issue with quality or inconsistency.
Gluten-free Artichoke & Tomato Pasta
Grab your pot to begin boiling the water for your spaghetti. Honestly, you can use any gluten-free type of pasta that you prefer. You could even use whole wheat or regular pasta, but of course then this dish would no longer be gluten-free.
Once the water is on, it’s time to heat your saute pan. I use a stainless steel multi-clad pan that needs to be heated before I put the olive oil in. I know when it’s ready for the oil when drops of water dance across the pan. Feel free to adjust the amount of garlic you use. I tend to use a lot of garlic.
When you add the tomatoes, make sure to leave them undrained. I don’t usually cover the saute pan for this, but you can while it’s simmering if you want it to cook down a bit more.
Once your spaghetti is strained and returned to the pot, you can either spoon the sauce mixture over the pasta when it’s plated, or you can toss the sauce into the pot of pasta and mix it together. you can’t go wrong either way.
I hope you enjoy this quick, easy, and gluten-free dish. If you give it a try, let me know what you think in the comments below.
Gluten-Free Artichoke & Tomato Pasta
- 1 lb gluten-free brown rice spaghetti
- 8 oz quartered artichoke hearts drained
- 14 oz diced petite tomatoes undrained
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package
- In large saute pan, heat olive oil. Add artichoke hearts and garlic. Cook over medium heat while stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, basil and salt and pepper. Bring to a quick boil, then lower heat to a simmer for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Ladle artichoke and tomato sauce over cooked and strained pasta.