This blog post contains affiliate links. Learn more here. What this means is I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.
It’s a little more than partway through January – are you still sticking to your New Year’s Resolutions? If any of your goals were to eat healthier and eat less take-out, then this recipe is perfect for you.
The entire meal is made on just one-pan. It takes a quick minute to prep and then only about 20 minutes to cook. So easy! And, the flavors of lemon, garlic and butter go so well together, making this super delicious, too. I am all about any meal that tastes great with minimal effort. 👍
Clean up is a breeze, also. I line my baking sheet with a Silpat Non-Stick Premium Baking Mat so there’s no need for any parchment paper, or extra cooking sprays or oils.
Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp & Asparagus
Helpful Shrimp Tips
When deciding how to choose your shrimp, keep in mind that many “fresh” labeled shrimp sitting on the mound of ice in the fish department, were actually once frozen and thawed. Knowing that, I suggest you head over to the frozen section and grab a bag from there.
Here’s what to look for:
- Wild-caught shrimp
- Medium to large size for this dish
- Peeled and deveined
You can thaw shrimp in the refrigerator overnight, or for faster thawing place the frozen shrimp in a colander and set it inside a bowl of ice cold water. Let cold water slowly run over the top of the shrimp for about 15 minutes. Never thaw with warm water.
Other Helpful Tips
To trim the asparagus, cut the ends of the asparagus stalks where the woody part ends and the tender part begins.
When you give this recipe a try, snap a photo and tag @coolbeanliving on Instagram. I’d love to see it!
One Pan Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp and AsparagusPin Recipe
- 1.5 lbs wild-caught shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 lb fresh asparagus trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lemons
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat.
- Add the trimmed asparagus to the baking sheet and sprinkle with the olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss until the asparagus is evenly coated. Spread the asparagus into a single layer without overcrowding.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for 8-10 minutes.
- While the asparagus is roasting, add the peeled shrimp, melted butter, garlic, and paprika to a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Cut one of the lemons into 8 wedges and the other into thin slices. Set aside.
- Remove the asparagus from the oven and add the seasoned shrimp to the baking sheet. Carefully arrange the shrimp and asparagus into a single layer. Season with salt and black pepper, if desired, and squeeze two of the lemon wedges over the top.
- Arrange the lemon slices on top before returning the baking sheet to the oven. Roast for another 5-8 minutes, or until the shrimp is opaque and the asparagus is crisp, tender and golden brown.