This blog post contains affiliate links. Learn more here. What this means is I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.
Many people are eating a little differently than they once did. Maybe it’s for health reasons, or maybe it’s to try a popular diet, or even just to be more health conscious.
These “faux mashed potatoes” are gluten-free, dairy-free, low-carb, and Paleo friendly. That covers a large number of diets! With the holidays coming, this cauliflower mash will be a real crowd pleaser.
This side dish is easy to make, is done quickly and requires only a few ingredients.
- For the creamiest mash, use more florets and less stems
- Make sure cauliflower is fall-apart soft after steaming
- Can be refrigerated for 3 – 5 days in an air tight container
- Freezes well in an air tight container or freezer bag
Steamer – the very best way to get your cauliflower super soft is by steaming it.
Food Processor – a powerful, yet easy to use food processor is an essential kitchen must-have.
Give it a try and let me know your thoughts in the comments, or snap a photo and tag @coolbeanliving on Instagram. I’d love to see!
- 1 medium cauliflower head florets only
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp almond milk unsweetened
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp fresh chives chopped
- Place the cauliflower florets and the garlic cloves into a steamer basket set over a
pot of gently boiling water. Cover and steam until the cauliflower is fork-tender,
around 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower and garlic to a food processor or blender and add the olive
oil, almond milk, garlic powder, and onion powder. Season with salt and black pepper,
to taste, and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasonings,
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with fresh chives before serving.