This healthy (and keto-friendly) skillet recipe for Mozzarella Chicken Thighs is sure to become a family favorite!
There’s nothing like an easy and quick one pan meal. A delicous and fast dinner, that is also healthy, just can’t be beat.
This blog post contains affiliate links. Learn more.
One Pan Mozzarella Chicken Thighs
To make this recipe, you’ll need a sturdy skillet that is oven-safe. A good rule of thumb when choosing the perfect oven-ready skillet is to make sure it can withstand heat up to 500°F. It should be able to be used on the stovetop, in the oven and in the broiler. The oven-safe skillet I use can even be stored in the freezer and can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
If you do not have an oven-safe pan to use, you can still make this main dish. Simply (but carefully) transfer the chicken thighs, after searing them, into a baking pan and follow the rest of the recipe directions.
I like to use multi-colored tomatoes because it gives such a great color to the finished dish, but any tomatoes will be fine, just be sure to cut them in bite size peices.
Be sure to check out my other chicken recipes:
I know you’ll enjoy this recipe for Mozzarella Chicken Thighs as much as I do.
When you give this chicken thighs recipe a try, snap a photo and tag @coolbeanliving on Instagram, I’d love to see how it turned out!
One Pan Mozzarella Chicken ThighsPin Recipe
- 2 lbs chicken thighs boneless
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1½ tbsp Italian seasoning divided
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Rub the remaining olive oil on the chicken thighs. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with one tablespoon of the Italian seasoning; season with salt and pepper to taste. Place chicken thighs into heated pan.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, until the chicken develops a golden crust. Remove from heat.
- Add butter, chicken broth, and cherry tomatoes to pan. Top each chicken thigh with a slice of fresh Mozzarella cheese and then sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes and remaining Italian seasoning. Add additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Transfer skillet into the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the Mozzarella is melted. Remove from oven and allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, top chicken with some of the pan sauce and sprinkle with fresh basil, if desired.