Baked zucchini fries are a perfect healthy side dish or snack that you will love!
This blog post contains affiliate links. Learn more here.
I have been making a conscious effort to eat better this year. One way to make the transition into healthier eating a little easier is to take food I would normally eat and find a delicious, but much healthier, low-carb alternative. As a better choice to french fries, I am sharing my recipe for Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries.
There’s a million ways to make vegetables, but my very favorite is to roast vegetables. Zucchini cooks fairly quickly. It’s mild flavor pairs well with lots of different spices and its always fun experimenting.
Zucchini fries are roasted in the oven. If you prefer, you can roast them in the air fryer instead. To do that, complete steps 2-6 from the recipe below and then put them in a 400°F preheated air fryer basket for 12 minutes, turning the fries over halfway through cook time. They come out AMAZING! Very crispy and delicious.
Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries
Choose 3 small zucchini to create this recipe. I use the smaller sized zucchini because they generally are more firm, and won’t easily become soggy. There is no need to remove the skin of the zucchini. It will soften as it roasts, and is loaded with fiber.
Gently wash and pat dry your zucchini. Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise, then cut each of the halves again lengthwise until quartered.
You will need 3 small bowls. One for flour, one for the eggs and the last one for the cheese and spices.
I use a very specific roasted vegetable spice blend for this recipe and for many of my other recipes such as:
Air Fryer Glazed Pork Chops
Air Fryer Seasoned Sweet Potatoes
Sauteed Green Beans
Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
This vegetable seasoning blend is awesome! I highly recommend it. However, if you don’t have it on hand, you can make your own similar seasoning blend:
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. celery seed
Dip each piece of zucchini in the flour, then dredge in the eggs until well coated, and then finally into the cheese mix before transferring to the lined baking sheet.
If you enjoy these baked zucchini fries, you may also enjoy my Italian Style Stuffed Zucchini.
Be the first to know when new recipes are added by receiving emails from Cool Bean Living:
Baked Parmesan Zucchini FriesPin Recipe
- 3 small zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 1¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 tbsp The Gourmet Collection Roast Vegetables & Fries Spice Blend®
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Wash and dry zucchini. Cut in half lengthwise, then cut the halves lengthwise again until quartered.
- Place the flour in a small bowl.
- In a second small bowl, whisk the eggs.
- In a third small bowl, mix the Parmesan cheese, vegetable spice blend, and salt & pepper.
- Dip each piece in the flour, then dredge in the eggs until well coated, and then finally into the cheese mix before transferring to the lined baking sheet.
- Put into the oven and roast for 12 minutes. Flip the fries and continue to roast another 12 minutes. Fries are done when they are golden in color and crispy.
- Let sit for 5 minutes. Serve plain or with your favorite dipping sauce.