This blog post contains affiliate links. Learn more here. What this means is I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.
Is there anything more delicious than hot cocoa on a cold day? There is if it’s peppermint hot cocoa! This creamy hot chocolate with peppermint flavoring is perfect after a day of holiday shopping or sledding.
I love the festive colors and scent of peppermint. It gives me the warm fuzzies. I was so excited to find these adorable mugs which are perfect for this warm beverage. If you love the mugs I used as much as I do, you can find them here on Amazon.
This is a simple recipe that can be made in just a few minutes, with just a few ingredients.
To crush peppermint, put the peppermint candy into a zip baggie and seal. Run a rolling pin back and forth over the candy until it is crushed. Or, you can purchase it already crushed here.
Variations for Peppermint Hot Cocoa
- I use whole milk for a creamy, rich taste but you can certainly use 2% or skim milk, if you prefer.
- Young kids love marshmallows, so feel free to top the hot cocoa with a pile of mini marshmallows instead of the whipped cream.
- For a fun twist, toss in several ice cubes before adding the peppermint mocha creamer. Top with whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate syrup and the crushed peppermints and you’ll have yourself a frozen peppermint hot chocolate.
Let me know if you make yourself a cup of this peppermint hot cocoa by leaving a comment below or tagging @coolbeanliving on Instagram with a photo.
Peppermint Hot Cocoa
- 1 cup hot cocoa mix
- 2¼ cups whole milk
- 1½ cups peppermint mocha creamer
- whipped cream
- crushed peppermint candy
- Pour milk into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Slowly add peppermint creamer and gently simmer. Remove from heat.
- Put a ¼ cup of hot cocoa mix into each mug.
- Carefully pour the milk mix evenly into each mug and stir.
- If desired, top with whipped cream and sprinkle crushed peppermint.