This will become your favorite Green Bean recipe of all time!
This blog post contains affiliate links. Learn more here.
This green bean recipe is very versatile. It can be served on any given weeknight with your meatloaf, or serve it alongside your filet mignon. It’s simple yet elegant, one of the things I love about it.
This side dish can also be substituted in place of your creamy canned soup green bean casserole on Thanksgiving, for a much healthier option.
I do call for using my very favorite seasoning blend for vegetables when making these green beans. It’s outstanding, and I highly recommend it. However, if you are unable to use this particular blend, feel free to use your own seasoning blend or favorite spices.
Check out my other recipes with this seasoning blend:
Sauteed Green Beans
- When choosing the beans, look for ones that are firm with no discoloring
- Trim the edges of the beans with kitchen shears or break them by hand
- Don’t overcook or the beans will turn mushy, you want them with a slight crunch
- Store any leftovers for up to 3 days in an air tight container in the refrigerator
I know you will enjoy these Sauteed Green Beans as much as I do.
Let me know if you try these Sauteed Green Beans in a comment below, or tag @coolbeanliving in an Instagram picture of your dish!
Be the first to know when new recipes are added by receiving email updates:
Sauteed Green BeansPin Recipe
- 1 lb fresh green beans trimmed
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp roasted vegetable seasoning
- ¼ cup french fried onions
- salt & pepper to taste
- Blanch green beans in rapidly boiling water for about 5 minutes, and then transfer into an ice bath.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add green beans, garlic, seasoning, salt and pepper and saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add french fried onions and saute another minute. Remove from heat and serve.