These Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts are going to become your favorite appetizer!
This blog post contains affiliate links. Learn more here.
My daughter called me a few days ago (she lives 1500 miles away) and said she was telling her roommate about the bacon wrapped water chestnuts that I make. Her roommate had never had them and thought they sounded interesting to try, and she wanted the recipe. I thought the timing was funny, because I was planning on adding the recipe to the blog this week.
My daughter is a big fan of these bacon wrapped water chestnuts. I think they remind her of home and family time, as I always made them as part of my appetizer spread on Christmas Eve for our big family holiday party.
This blog contains affiliate links and any purchases made through such links may result in a small commission for me, at absolutely no additional cost to you.
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Line the baking sheet with foil or use a baking sheet pan with a rack. That’s the one I use. Bacon is messy and this will help with the clean up.
- Don’t use colored toothpicks! I made that mistake once and it wasn’t pretty. Actually, it was a little pretty, but I ended up with rainbow colored bacon wrapped water chestnuts, unintentionally.
- I have found the easiest way to get the sauce on the chestnuts is to use a brush. I like this one.
I know you’ll love these Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts as much as I do.
Snap a photo when you make these bacon wrapped water chestnuts and tag @coolbeanliving on Instagram. I’d love to see!
Be the first to know when new recipes are added by receiving email updates:
Tangy Bacon Wrapped Water ChestnutsPin Recipe
- 1½ lb center cut bacon
- 2 8 oz cans of whole water chestnuts sliced in half
- 1½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- Pre-heat oven to 400°. Spray large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, ketchup and mayonnaise in small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Cut bacon strips into 3 equals sections. Wrap each water chestnut with a piece of bacon, then repeat with second strip of bacon on the opposite side. Secure both pieces of bacon with a toothpick and place onto baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until bacon is crisp; turning once.
- Remove bacon wrapped chestnuts from oven and carefully brush sauce mixture over them. Return to oven for 6 - 8 minutes until hot and bubbly.